Friday 15 May 2015

Introducing Stobbsie


Introducing Stobbsie

April 21st 2015


My name is Stobbsie.  I am a miniature teddy bear,  donkey brown in colour with little bits of pink and about 5 inches tall.  I'm a cheery little chap - I always have a smile on my face!  A really lovely young lady, Lady Helen, who lives near Liverpool, made me (apparently I'm felted) and brought me here on Grannymac's birthday, January 2nd - Grannymac was delighted with me.  She says it was very difficult to find a suitable name for me.  She asked lots of people, including a group of seven friends who meet up every Friday, but nobody could come up with an original name.  Then Grannymac had a brainwave - STOBBSIE, which has a close connection with Lady Helen's really nice partner, Mr Apache.  Perfect!  I like my name!

Lady Helen, who is very kind and thoughtful, made me a little blanket and a scarf, which I have really needed during the chilly weather.  Grannymac found a little rocking chair for me - I think in America it would be called 'neat'.  It fits me perfectly and is very comfortable.  When we are not out and about, I like to sit in my chair, watching all that is going on.

Grannymac says we will be able to go on lots of trips out - sometimes it will be a Big Day Out and other times a Little Jaunt which will happen more often.  I'm going to try to write about my adventures in this diary.  It won't be an every day diary - just now and again, but it's going to be fun!  I think a Big Day Out is being planned for tomorrow - if we do go out, I'll let you know all about it.




1 comment: