Sunday 5 July 2015

En Route to the Outer Hebrides

 En route to the Outer Hebrides - June 18th 2015

The weather was horrible when Mr Apache, Lady Helen, Yogi, Grannymac and I set off on our latest adventure - a trip to the Outer Hebrides, a very long way away.  I was able to stand on the dashboard for a lot of the time so had a very good view of where we were going  -  fun but a bit scary at times! Grannymac has had a go at making a slideshow of some of the places we stopped at, but I think I will add a few more photos that she had to miss out. Apparently you need to click on the link which comes up under the heading below when you click on it.  (Grannymac has said to say that she doesn't really know what she's doing - there may be a better way of doing it.)  Some of the photographs in all of my posts about this holiday were taken by Grannymac and some by Lady Helen.


PhotoSnack | En route to the Outer Hebrides - published slideshow details

Now a few more photos.  First of all it was fun watching a duck on Loch Lomond, then one more of Glen Coe and another showing it was  still raining!





The next one shows the inscription on the Commando Memorial - it's an amazing tribute to those men.  In fact I'm going to put in another of the Memorial as well.




And lastly three more of Eilean Donan Castle, with proof that I was definitely there!  Lady Helen helped me to find a good place to sit.




So much happened during the next week that it will take me ages to write about it all - it will have to be one day at a time.  However, just wait until you see what happened next day -  a huge surprise for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment