Saturday 6 June 2015

Dalton Pottery

May 14th 2015

Dalton Pottery

This was a little jaunt to a small local pottery as it was such a lovely day.  Grannymac has been there several times but I haven't been before. The first things I noticed were two very strange cows but we decided to have a closer look at them later.  Then there was a very colourful mural on the gable facing the car park - it can't have been easy painting that.


Inside the shop there were lots of interesting things to look at.  I sat at one big table where there were lots and lots of paint pots and brushes and further through I could see where many other painting activities can happen.  It is a popular place for children's parties - Grannymac's granddaughter had her 5th birthday party there - great fun for her and lots of friends.


The shop had all sorts of interesting bits and pieces, some made at the pottery here, others not.








Outside again and now to look at those cows.  Very big and very strange - somebody must have had fun painting them!



I bet this one is called Daisy!  I sat down in the shade for a few minutes - Daisy didn't seem to mind.


Well, that was a very pleasant little jaunt.  I wonder where will be next?  I think I heard Grannymac mentioning another trip to Kirkcudbright so maybe that's where we'll be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment