Sunday 7 June 2015

Lockerbie Wildlife Trust Coffee Morning

June 6th 2015

Lockerbie Wildlife Trust Coffee Morning

For several years now Grannymac and Sally have had a fund-raising table at the LWT coffee mornings in May/June and November.  She says it is always good fun and helps to raise some money for the Eskrigg Nature Reserve where the red squirrels are a great attraction.

The first photo is of Liz as she puts some flowers on the tables.  I'm waving to say Hello to everyone.  Liz has a tombola table next to ours.


The next two are before the Coffee Morning started with Sally and Jim who is the Manager at Eskrigg.  I'm going to pick a Lucky Dip ticket out of the Malteser tub.



Later on I went to say Hello to Frances - I hadn't seen her since we were searching for a name for me.






The next thing I did was to put some money in the collecting tin for Eskrigg.





At the end of the morning, when we had taken all the stuff back to the cars, I had a look at the sheep which are a feature of Lockerbie High Street.  I think they are great and I know Grannymac likes them  One of them let me sit by its ear.






The last thing we did this morning was very, very special.  There is a stained glass memorial window in Lockerbie Town Hall which shows the flags of all the nations of the people who died in the Lockerbie Air Disaster - no dates, no names, no numbers, only flags.  In this way the artist achieved very effectively what was required - a memorial, not a reminder.  Grannymac had wanted to see this window for a long time but had never been in the Town Hall at a suitable time.  However, this morning, the caretaker very kindly offered to take us up to the room to see it.  It is an amazing window.




No comments:

Post a Comment